Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 11 -- More Painting; More Cursing

Most of my time today was spent painting another coat on some windows and the door. Then, for a change of pace, I decided to do some of the detailed 'other color' painting. Yesterday I spent almost $9 on a fancy 'brush' with which to get into corners (the one on the left) as well as a set of teeny nibs (is that what they are called?) just in case. The set was about $2. I made several attempts to use the expensive one and then switched to the cheap one for a much more satisfying experience:


I've decided to go with the terra cotta color for the insert:


And for some of the curvy parts of the porch railings:

Of course, after only doing two of the four railings, I had to quit as my hands were shaking. And then it hit me that, not only do I have to do two more, but I probably have to do it all again with another coat. Ugh. Haven't decided if I'm going to try a blue color on parts of the railing. That may just be pushing my luck entirely too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment